Thank you for stopping by the Generations Services page. Here you will find information on ways I can help you in piecing together your past.
I provide clients with a clearly written research report with future research suggestions, which is fully cited, on archival quality paper. I charge an hourly rate plus expenses such as: travel (i.e. train ticket); mileage; copies; certificates and documents; parking fees; supplies for your project if required (i.e. CDs, book creation); postage.
Before starting any project, I do require photocopies or digital images of all research conducted relating to the research problem. I do not accept original documents. The more information you can provide, the easier it is for me to begin. In addition, I am not going over records you have already searched. I also require a retainer for hours and expenses.
• Document retrieval
• Research and analysis
• Creating family history books
• House Histories and title research
• Family Tree Maker or Ancestry.com Tree clean-up
There are many wonderful repositories available to me in the Chicagoland area.
• Great Lakes Branch of the National Archives
• Newberry Library
• Harold Washington Library
• Chicago History Museum Research Center
• IRAD (Illinois Regional Archives Depository) branch at Northeastern Illinois University
• Multiple ethnic museums and research libraries
• Clerk of the Circuit Court Archives (Cook County)
• Cook County Clerk’s Office
• Cook County Recorder’s Office
• Cook County Assessor’s Office
• Local LDS Family History Centers
I provide written and documented family histories available in book or PDF format. I provide articles for newsletters, journals, and magazines.
I provide complete house histories on archival paper in a “perfect bound” softcover book. The House History contains information from deeds, mortgage records, tax records, probate records, census records, local histories, historical newspapers, maps and photographs. Many towns in DuPage County, Illinois, offer a historic home documentation program. Submission requirements vary. As part of complete house history I will complete the forms for your submission. Fees for house histories with and without documentation applications vary based on the town requirements. Please contact me for pricing.
I am located in the Chicago suburbs and have access to many wonderful research facilities in Northern Illinois and Northwest Indiana.